An ACL injury is a common injury to the knee, especially among athletes. The ACL, or anterior cruciate ligament, is a key ligament in the knee that helps to provide stability and support. When the ACL is injured, it can cause significant pain and difficulty with movement.
One technique that has gained popularity in the treatment of ACL injuries is the ALL INSITE technique. This technique involves using a small incision and specialized instruments to reconstruct the ACL. The goal of the ALL INSITE technique is to minimize trauma to the surrounding tissue and to speed up the recovery process.
- Smaller incision size: The All-inside technique uses a smaller incision, which can result in less scarring and a faster recovery time.
- Less invasive: The All-inside technique is less invasive than traditional ACL repair surgery, which can reduce the risk of complications and allow for a quicker return to physical activity.
- Reduced risk of re-injury: The All-inside technique uses a patient’s own tissue for reconstruction, which is more durable and less likely to fail than synthetic materials. This can help to reduce the risk of re-injury to the ACL.
- Effective: The All-inside technique has been shown to be effective in the treatment of ACL injuries.
- Customized treatment: The All-inside technique is customized to the specific needs of each patient, making it an individualized and effective treatment option.
Overall, the All-inside technique has advanced the treatment of ACL injuries by providing a less invasive and more effective option for repair. If you have suffered an ACL injury, consult us about whether the All-inside technique is right for you.